Pictures of Chernobyl NPP

This is a collection of pictures of the Chernobyl NPP. It will keep being updated as long as I find new pictures. I'll do my best to add descriptions and timelines, however it is often that I find those pictures without information. This is more so a gallery, there won't be a long backstory about the picture and how it was taken. If any picture does have one, it'll be its own post. This is a compilation.

In this post, there are also pictures of the control rooms as well as any pictures taken in the interior of the station and some floor plans, however they are below the NPP pictures.

Newspaper. The larger letters translates to Autumn on the bridge of Pripyat.

Unit Four before explosion.
Unit Four after explosion, with sarcophagus.
Destroyed Unit Four colorised.
Closer view of the destroyed unit, colorised.
Sarcophagus in black and white.
View of Unit Four from a bridge.
Closest picture taken of Unit Four before the accident.

Sign outside the NPP, weathered. It reads ЧАЭС имени В.И. Ленина, translating to Chernobyl NPP of the name of V.I. Lenin. The latter was a honorific title of NPPs that performed very well, which confuses many people as they think that V.I. Lenin is the station's actual name.
Drawing of Unit Four on the night of the accident, by Alexei Breus. It was the thumbnail of this video as well as the continuation.
Floor plans of Units One and Two.
Floor plans of Units Three and Four.
Other floor plans.
Control room near the New Year's holiday.
Workers inserting control rods in the reactor.
Control room.
Workers on top of the reactor.
Unknown room.
Control room.
Pump room after explosion.
Control room of Unit One.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Index

As much as I could gather about Toptunov

All I could gather about Akimov